Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Circle KD Ranch - 1968

 Mom and I are going through some old memories to prepare a scrap book.  On the search I came across these photos. As near as I can tell, I think this is the summer of 1968.  I was a 20 year-old head wrangler at a summer camp for kids known as Circle KD Ranch at Newman Lake, Washington.  This little group had earned an all day ride in the hills where we came across an old log cabin.  Our minds got the best of us an we imagined being attacked by Indians with arrows and knives (hence photo 2).  Oh, those "lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer!"

5 comments:

laura said...

Those are really fun pictures dad! I am so glad you shared them

Matt said...

This is a perfect entry for your blog. Great use. I love it! Keep 'em coming!

Ditto Family said...

Man, I wish I could send my kids to Circle K camp with you in charge. What fun!

Collette said...

I googled Circle KD Ranch Newman Lake and your blog post came up. I'm compiling some history of Newman Lake and would love to use your story and photos. Hopefully you see this message. :)

Collette said...

PS.
Contact me at collettebise@gmail.com