Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Blessings


Sharing the Easter message with our Fijian friends causes us to feel increased gratitude for the Savior, all He endured and all He gave us.  As the beautiful hymn reflects: "Such mercy, such love and devotion, can I forget? No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet. Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me, enough to die for me.  Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me."
A newly released Bible video excerpt from the Life of Christ tells simply and movingly of the last days of Christ's life.  It ends with the glorious resurrection, which after all, is the reason we have an Easter celebration:
http://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/he-is-risen?lang=eng

We're grateful that Shawna Edwards gave us permission to take this beautifully written and performed song about the miracle of Jesus's atonement with us as we visited many homes today on our Easter Sunday.
We send you our love on this Easter day and are reminded of this passage in 1 John 4:19: We love him, because he first loved us."

1 comment:

Amanda Davis said...

Hi, I am Amanda Davis (Workman) friend of Ditto's... anyway our young women's camp theme is the Olympics and our ward is representing Fiji at camp and we would LOVE to do some kind of service project for our sisters and brothers in Fiji. Can you please email me some ideas and how to send you what ever it is you would like us to send. My email is laramdavis@gmail.com. We would like to get this going and sent to you before camp so that maybe the girls could get a chance to feel the love for these people and get warmed up before camp. Thanks!!!